Visiting the DRA during the Covid-19 Pandemic: what to expect at face-to-face events
If you are planning to attend a face-to-face event in the Archive, the following information will provide details of how we will be minimising risks and making our venue Covid-19 secure from September 2021. This document has been prepared using the latest guidance supplied by the UK Government, Public Health England and sector specific organisations, and will be reviewed as and when new information is released.
While in the Archive, all members of our community must:
- observe social distancing rules at all times by staying two metres away from other people, or at least one metre where that is not possible;
- wear a face covering when moving around the building;
- wash their hands regularly;
- comply with all instructions from staff and with any signs on display.
You should not visit the Archive if:
- you are feeling unwell;
- you have been in contact with someone who is unwell;
- you are living in a local lockdown area;
- you are awaiting the outcome of a Covid19 test; or have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
We reserve the right to deny access to the Archive to any individuals not willing to abide by the guidelines set out in our policy documents.
At face-to-face events, we will:
- only admit guests who have purchased their ticket(s) in advance. Sorry, but it will not be possible to purchase tickets at the door;
- have alcohol-based sanitisers throughout the building;
- offer refreshments outside in our courtyard (weather permitting) to allow plenty of space to move and interact safely;
- keep doors and windows open to aid ventilation, but this does mean that the building may be a little chillier than usual;
- provide allocated seating in our lecture room;
- ask you to wear a face covering, such as a mask or visor, when you are moving around inside the building. In case you forget to bring one, you will be able to obtain a mask from reception in return for a suggested donation of £1 into a sealed collection box. While seated, you may remove your mask.
If you have any questions or concerns about your visit to the Archive, please call us on 01548 830832 or email email@example.com.
Abigail C. Gray
Curator and Resident Archaeologist
Published: August 2021
Updated: November 2021
Revised: May 2022
Stay in the loop!
Join the DRA Friends to receive the latest news from the archive as well as details of our events and exhibitions by email. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of contacts to prevent our messages being banished to your Spam folder.
Where we are
Devon Rural Archive, Shilstone, Modbury, Devon, PL21 0TW
Call us: 01548 830832
Email us: email@example.com